Collection of Personal Information
DESC collects personal information from individuals who interact with the organization, including but not limited to:
- Members and clients who sign up for DESC programs and services.
- Participants who attend DESC events.
- Donors who make contributions to the organization.
- Visitors to the DESC website who provide their personal information through forms or other means.
The personal information collected by DESC may include names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information. DESC may also collect information about individuals’ educational background, job experience, and other relevant information related to the services and programs provided by the organization.
Use of Personal Information
DESC uses the personal information collected from individuals for the following purposes:
- To provide individuals with the services and programs they have signed up for.
- To communicate with individuals about DESC activities, events, and programs.
- To keep individuals informed about the organization and its work.
- To process donations and contributions.
- To analyse the effectiveness of the organization’s programs and services.
Storage of Personal Information
DESC stores personal information in secure databases, which are protected by appropriate security measures. Access to personal information is limited to authorized personnel who need it to carry out their responsibilities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
DESC does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personal information to third parties. However, the organization may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- With the consent of the individual.
- When required by law or to comply with legal process.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of DESC or others.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Individuals have the right to access their personal information that is held by DESC. If individuals believe that their personal information is inaccurate or out of date, they may request that it be corrected.